PST: Can Foles repeat last season's production?

geoffmosher.jpg

PST: Can Foles repeat last season's production?

Nick Foles did just about everything last season.

In a breakout year, Foles led the NFL with a 119.2 quarterback rating, the third-best mark in NFL history, while his touchdown-to-interception ratio (27-2) was the best ever by an NFL quarterback.

He didn't start a game until Week 6 and he'll enter his third NFL season at 25 years old.

Can the Eagles' quarterback somehow duplicate his 2013 production?

"If he starts all 16 games, there's certainly the playmaking potential, the offense, the structure, the comfort for him to have that type of season," CSNPhilly.com's Geoff Mosher said on Comcast SportsNet's Friday edition of Philly Sports Talk.

“Stats? You know, whatever,” Foles said, per CSNPhilly.com's John Gonzalez (see story). “I like winning the game and having a good time with my teammates.

“Last year’s stats don’t mean anything.”

To hear more from Mosher and Gonzalez on Foles' 2014 season, watch the video above.

For Eagles Extra analyst Brian Baldinger's take, click here.

Nigel Bradham's trial date for battery charge moved to April

Nigel Bradham's trial date for battery charge moved to April

Eagles linebacker Nigel Bradham was originally scheduled to be in court at 9:30 a.m. in Miami on Tuesday for the beginning of his trial on a felony battery charge. 

Now, that trial won't be until April. 

A motion for continuance was filed and the new trial date is set for April 10, according to the Miami-Dade State State Attorney's Office. Eagles OTAs will begin in May. 

The felony charge stems from a July 25 incident in Miami, when the 6-foot-2, 241-pound Bradham allegedly assaulted a hotel employee. The altercation reportedly arose from the length of time it took 50-year-old hotel employee Jean Courois to bring Bradham's group their beach umbrella. 

Bradham pleaded not guilty and has said he "most definitely" expects his name to be cleared from this incident.

This was the first of two arrests for Bradham since July. He was arrested coming home from Miami from the bye week after he tried to pass through airport security with a loaded gun in his backpack. 

After the second arrest, defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz famously said, "You do dumbass things, pretty soon, you’re going to be labeled as a dumbass." 

Bradham, 27, signed a two-year deal to join the Eagles last offseason and proved to be a good investment on the field. He played 97 percent of the defense's snaps and played at a high level as the team's starting SAM linebacker. He will have a base salary of $3.5 million this year, with a cap hit of $4.25 million. 

Report: Eagles considering moving on from Jason Kelce

Report: Eagles considering moving on from Jason Kelce

According to a report, Jason Kelce might have already played his final game in an Eagles uniform. 

The team is considering "moving on" from the veteran center by way of trade or outright release, according to PhillyVoice's Jimmy Kempski.

Kelce, 29, has a cap hit of $6.2 million in 2017 and the Eagles could save $3.8 million by cutting him after a disappointing 2016 season. He's still under contract through the 2020 season, but the Eagles could elect to move on without serious salary cap implications. 

In November, Kelce gave a very honest assessment of his play: “I think that I quite frankly need to do a better job. That’s what it comes down to. I love playing in this city, I love playing in this organization, and if I’m going to keep doing that, I have to do a better job.”

The obvious choice to replace Kelce, if the Eagles decide to go this way, would be 2016 rookie Isaac Seumalo. The third-round pick played six positions last year but did not play a single snap at center, which might be his most natural spot. 

Seumalo didn't play at center because for the second straight season, Kelce didn't miss a single snap. He played all 1,133 snaps in 2016 and hasn't missed a play in the last 39 games. Kelce was a sixth-round pick by the Eagles out of Cincinnati in 2011.