Philadelphia will finally get a statue of a real life boxing legend and not just a fictional hero. Mayor Michael Nutter announced on Wednesday that there will be a fundraising effort with a target of $150,000 to erect a statue of the late great Joe Frazier. The statue will reside somewhere at Xfinity Live after they kicked off the campaign by donating $25,000 yesterday. The design of the statue and the placement at Xfinity Live have yet to be determined.
You can read more about it from the Inquirer's Matt Breen.
And be sure to check out Nick Menta's remembrance of Frazier from last November after his passing.
>>Philadelphia launched fund-raising campaign for Joe Frazier statue [Inq]
Follow The700Level on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships