Not as a pitcher obviously. He retired, remember. But the Phillies do apparently have interest in Roy Halladay as an instructor of some sort.
Somewhat hidden in a note by Jim Salisbury about whether or not Charlie Manuel will return to the Philadelphia Phillies in a coaching role this coming season is a quick bit about Ruben Amaro having interest in Doc the teacher.
The Phillies would also like to see recently retired Roy Halladay stay in the organization. It’s possible that Halladay could work as an instructor in spring training.
“I don’t know what’s going to happen yet,” Amaro said. “I think he may have some interest. We have interest.”
Having Halladay around in hopes of his worth ethic rubbing off on some current players seems like reason enough alone to keep him around.
Salisbury's story has more on the Phils' hopes of Mike Adams returning to form.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Sometimes the internet is a wonderful place.
Since basically, no one wants to listen to Joe Buck call a thrilling Eagles 61-yard game-winning field goal, we scoured the web to find four other amazing versions of Sunday’s sensational ending to the Eagles' 27-24 victory over the New York Giants.
1. Merrill Reese and Mike Quick on 94.1 WIP
The legendary voice of the Eagles since 1977, Reese, along with former Eagle Mike Quick, delivers a call that will shoot shivers up your spine.
2. Spanish Broadcaster Ricky Ricardo
A longtime voice of the Phillies and now the Spanish voice of the New York Yankees, Ricardo delivers with this enthusiastic call.
A phenomenon that has taken over the web, adding inspirational music from Titanic makes everything just a little bit better.
4. *Record Scratch* *Freeze Frame*
A staple movie cliché from the '80s and '90s, the record scratch, freeze frame plays itself perfectly in this moment.