In seasons past, particularly those preceding the Phillies' 2008
World Series win, the somewhat anonymous feel of the team's ownership
group was a source of contention among Phillies fans. That has since
lifted due to the gorgeous ballpark now standing in South Philly, the
string of NL East pennants the team has raised, and the parade following
the aforementioned championship. However, most fans still do not know
the names of most members of the Phillies ownership group, a fact that
will change posthumously for two of them—brothers Alexander K. "Whip"
Buck and J. Mahlon "Jim" Buck.
You probably noticed the black patch on the left chest above the
Phillies logo in yesterday's season opener. The patch is a white script
"B" on black, and it will be worn throughout the 2011 season.
It's a nice gesture by the team to thank and honor two of their own, men
who helped give us the memories of the past several decades, even in
the lean years. It's also a great honor the families they left behind,
who will get to see their lasting imprint on whatever the Phillies do in
2011. If all goes well, that patch could become immortal. I mean, just look at this.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships