There was an uproar last year when then-first-year head coach Bill O'Brien decided Penn State players' names would be put on the backs of their jerseys as a way to honor those who remained with the program following the horrors of the Jerry Sandusky scandal.
The jerseys looked fine, Penn State won eight of its last 10 and we even got this picture, which we wouldn't have otherwise.
In another update to the look, Lions-Pride.com on Friday posted on Facebook that the replica jersey seen above, featuring the Nittany Lion logo on the collar, is now on sale.
When asked on Facebook, the Lions-Pride account confirmed: "the lion logo will be on the actual game jersey."
The Lions-Pride website went down for a while shortly after we saw the image. Traffic issues perhaps?
Anyway, like it? Dislike it?
This is most intriguing:
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)