He came back to the Eagles, had his number retired, was honored with a spectacular going-out party at halftime of the Giants game, but now it finally feels like the Brian Dawkins closing ceremonies have officially come to an end:
He's been honored in a single by Reef the Lost Cauze.
For those of you unfamiliar with his work, Reef has been a staple of the local hip hop scene for much of the last decade. You may recognize him from his work with Army of the Pharaohs.
The song begins much as you'd expect, with audio of Dawkins screaming to his teammates before a game. Thing is, from there on out, it's really a lot less (read: kind of not at all) about No. 20, and a lot more about Reef, age 30, getting older.
As WXPN asks: "What does that mean, anyway – ten years of recording, seven LPs, numerous collaborations, and suddenly you’re an 'elder?'
Hit the widget below to listen to 'B. Dawk,' and catch Reef playing The Troc tonight.
<a href="http://music.dumhi.com/album/b-dawk-single-pack">B. Dawk (Single Pack) by Reef the Lost Cauze</a>
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)