Ryan Howard continued on his MVP caliber season last night by tying Mike Schmidt's single season Phillies HR record at 48. Phillies fans have been in awe of Howard all season. Schmidty's accolades towards Howard are something I didn't really expect to hear. I love hearing great players talk about great players:
"He might be the modern-day Willie Stargell," Schmidt said of Howard.
"Lefthanded hitter with a distinct approach to hitting that I'm sure
guys will be imitating for years. Young kids holding the bat out, sort
of like [Jim] Thome... . He's making that extension with the bat, just
like Stargell used to windmill that bat and set it as the pitcher was
winding up. They both can hit the ball in the upper deck. Willie used
to hit some of the longest balls in the history of the league, and they
talked about them, just like they're talking about some of Ryan's home
If the Phillies make the wild card, how can you not give Howard the MVP?
The Inquirer has some great audio of Schmidt talking about Howard catching Mike Schmidt's Phillies record.
-Schmidt praises Howard's punch [Inquirer]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Have you ever been invited to a friend’s birthday party but you weren’t able to go? Once they heard you couldn’t go, they would then say, “you weren’t invited anyway?”
President Donald Trump withdrew his invitation to the Golden State Warriors and guard Steph Curry to visit the White House after winning the 2017 NBA Championship. Trump said Curry was “hesitating.”
Curry told reporters Friday that he would vote against the Warriors visiting the White House and President Trump.
Curry received support from fellow NBA players including 4-time MVP Lebron James, who denounced Trump’s taken-back invitation in his most re-tweeted post ever.
Golden State's statement:
5-time NBA Champion Kobe Bryant:
Golden State power forward and teammate Draymond Green:
Sixers forward James Michael McAdoo, who signed a two-way contract with the team in August:
Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal:
Two-time All-Star Baron Davis:
After Trump's comments about the NFL and NBA in the last 24 hours and North Carolina's Men's Basketball team not visiting the White House (because of a scheduling conflict), it is hard to believe any championship-winning teams will be making the trip to the Nation’s capital anytime soon. Except the Patriots.