If you were watching yesterday's Phillies broadcast, you were probably pleasantly surprised when they returned from commercial with Morgan Freeman joining T-Mac and Sarge in the booth. Red from Shawshank! Joe Clark! Nelson Mandela! Freeman is an icon and one of the most gifted actors of all time. He can inject gravitas into anything. Except, as it turns out, a baseball game. His appearance came at a tough time for guest dialogues, with some activity on the basepaths in a close final game of a tight divisional series. Let's just say there wasn't an immediate chemistry in the booth. These things happen, the booth guest thing can get pretty awkward sometimes without it really being anyone's fault. Freeman, on hand after being honored as part of the the MLB's weekend of Civil Rights festivities, gets a pass (even in a Braves jacket, which he didn't wear in the booth).
Meanwhile, in the Fox broadcast from the Yankees-Red Sox game, Joe Buck was joined by none other than Sarah Silverman, who found a way to bring up Massholes, steroids, and her belief that LSD should be allowed as a reward for pitchers.
Video of that below.
Sarah Silverman, ladies and gentlemen. Gotta give it to Joe Buck on this one too. He certainly didn't add anything, but he "played" the square to her schtick pretty well. I guess after Artie Lang's appearance on Joe Buck Live, Joe's learned to roll with a few punches.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)