The Flyers Scott Hartnell has shed his trademark curls, at least for a day, after he and Joffrey Lupul took a fresh break and hit up a stylist before heading to Montreal. We've heard of playoff beards, but this is a little different.
At least they don't have as many mullets in hockey these days, and one can only imagine what a couple of young players will be doing while on the road in Montreal. Two things struck me as funny in this video: 1) Hartnell refers to his hair as a "She" twice, and 2) how tough must it be to shoot footage of Marty Biron? He kept looking in all directions, like he was worried about the guy behind the net. All goalies are completely insane.
The Flyers and Canadiens face off in game 1 tonight... More on this later.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Sports Ilustrated gets it. The characters in Philadelphia sports are some of the best in the world right now.
On SI's list of "77 Reasons Why We Love Sports," the alien otherwise known as Rhys Hoskins and Joel Embiid's Twitter both make appearances. While the NFL Red Zone Channel inexplicably comes in at No. 1, Embiid's Twitter comes in at a worthy No. 2. His recent tweet about the Los Angeles Chargers' beleaguered rookie kicker is a great example of why Embiid is a must-follow.
Hoskins, the Phillies' record-breaking slugger, comes in at No. 65. His latest mind-bending accomplishment is becoming the fastest player ever to 45 RBIs. With Hoskins' ridiculous natural power and impressive plate discipline, this stretch doesn't look like a fluke. He could be one of the top reasons Philadelphians love sports for the next 15 years.