Phillies catch to the aces, Carlos Ruiz, is a charismatic presence in the Phillies clubhouse. As Gary Smith's SI cover piece showed us, Chooch is often playing the role of his fellow teammates before games in the Phillies clubhouse. Well in this commercial for Seguros Constitucion, Ruiz plays the role of a lifetime: himself.*
Our friend and native of somewhere next to Mexico, Meechtonito, translates the commercial for those who can't speak the beautiful native tongue of Carlicho.
I'm a bit confused by the baseball-related-insurance-commercial racket these days, do I want to be Safe and Secure With New York Life? Or is Seguros Constitución gonna protect me like Carlos Ruiz protecting home plate? And is there really a strange white guy dressed like a raccoon eating cotton candy in my attic?
*Sorry, watched too much Keith Russell last night on the Eagles' pregame.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships