The Sixers will have their hands full this evening when they'll play their first game of the season without their star point guard, Jrue Holiday, who is sidelined with a sprained foot. On the bright side, we'll get the enjoyment of seeing Nick Young's minutes go up and Evan Turner run the point.
Here's what Coach Collins told reporters today about the loss of Jrue:
"I am hoping it is nothing long-term," Collins said after the morning
shootaround. "Jrue is way too valuable to us. I have found too often
that if a guy is out there and he is not 100 percent, he starts running
differently and then all the sudden he has back spasms or rolls another
ankle so we are going to be very cautious with him."
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)