Celestand on the Sixers' struggling defense
The Sixers suffered a crushing 130-94 loss to the Brooklyn Nets at the Barclays Center on Monday night for their seventh straight defeat (see story).
Let’s take a closer look at some numbers from the matchup:
• James Anderson came off the bench to lead the Sixers with 17 points.
• Joe Johnson outscored the Sixers 29-25 in the third quarter on his way to a season-high 37 points.
• Evan Turner led the Sixers with five assists. All of the baskets from those assists were layups.
• The opposition is 42 for 72 (58.3 percent) from three-point range against the Sixers in the last two games. The Sixers are 17 for 45 (37.8 percent) from long range over that span.
• Johnson is the 10th different player to hit at least five three-pointers in a game against the Sixers this season. He made 10 of 14 from long range on Monday.