Sorry, Phillies fans. Wilson Valdez is not in the starting lineup for the Cincinnati Reds this evening as they face Roy Halladay at Citizens Bank Park. But a couple of other former Phillies do crack the Reds lineup this evening with Scott Rolen playing third and Miguel Cairo manning first.
In other news that could sadden Fightins fans, Hector Luna has been optioned to Lehigh Valley while Placido Polanco has been activated and will start at second base tonight.
Halladay (6-7, 3.80) will take on right-hander Mike Leake (6-7, 4.29) this evening in the first of four between the clubs. Roy is coming off a mediocre outing in Florida in which he allowed 6 hits and 3 earned over 7 innings while striking out 7. He's been much better over his last three starts overall, posting a 1.64 ERA over 22 innings of work with 20 Ks and just 2 BBs.
While the Reds may be one of the best teams in the NL this season, the Phillies have actually won six-straight games against Cincy and 11 of the last 12.
Wilson Valdez may not be starting, but that doesn't mean there isn't a chance you could see him pitching long after midnight.
Will you be flipping back and forth between the Phils/Reds and the Birds/Pats? Two TV setup?
Tonight's 7:05 Lineup:
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Can't say we're super familiar with the work of Don La Greca, whose bio says he's a co-host on the Michael Kay Show on ESPN Radio, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's either a total joy to listen to or absolutely a chainsaw to your ears.
One or the other, tough to say.
But it's hard to argue with the impressiveness of the rant he went on regarding the New York Giants offensive line the other day.
The stats he quotes are just hard to argue with in any capacity.
Regardless of how you feel about advanced stats, I thinkk we can all agree the Eagles D-Line is gonna go all Pythagoras on the Eli this weekend.