Spencer Hawes posterizes the competition. Spencer Hawes runs the floor, dribbling through traffic – behind-the-back seamlessly into a crossover – then stops and pops for three. Spencer Hawes hits the turnaround jumper, the fadeaway, and the up-and-under. Spencer Hawes protects the rim, announcing to the world they better get that garbage out of his house. Spencer Hawes is nimble and mean. Spencer Hawes is an outlaw.
No, this is not play-by-play from a dream Spencer Hawes was having last night. His 58 points and 17 rebounds are reality – just not in the NBA.
While the 76ers have been involved in quite possibly the most protracted head coaching search in the history of the league, Hawes has been sharpening his skills in the Seattle Basketball Pro-Am, where he apparently is a five-position superstar per this video that comes to us via ProBasketballTalk. There Hawes is a maniac, hitting nearly 67% of his field goals, getting 22 shots at the charity stripe (I’m guessing more than the Sixers averaged per game all last season), and generally doing whatever he wants. See for yourself.
Per PBT, the Sixers’ center is posting Kevin Durant numbers in the Seattle Pro-Am, as the four-time All Star only dropped 63 on some unsuspecting Pros and Ams. This what Philly fans have been waiting for, Spence. Will the real Spencer Hawes please stand up?
>> Spencer Hawes drops 58 points in Seattle Pro-Am game [PBT]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Sports Ilustrated gets it. The characters in Philadelphia sports are some of the best in the world right now.
On SI's list of "77 Reasons Why We Love Sports," the alien otherwise known as Rhys Hoskins and Joel Embiid's Twitter both make appearances. While the NFL Red Zone Channel inexplicably comes in at No. 1, Embiid's Twitter comes in at a worthy No. 2. His recent tweet about the Los Angeles Chargers' beleaguered rookie kicker is a great example of why Embiid is a must-follow.
Hoskins, the Phillies' record-breaking slugger, comes in at No. 65. His latest mind-bending accomplishment is becoming the fastest player ever to 45 RBIs. With Hoskins' ridiculous natural power and impressive plate discipline, this stretch doesn't look like a fluke. He could be one of the top reasons Philadelphians love sports for the next 15 years.