In a rare Sunday night T.V. watching dilemma, Philadelphians were stuck with a decision to make. Stick with the hot arm and ride Tony Soprano's family or go with the chance to watch your ugly cousin, the Phillies, take center stage on ESPN? Personally, I watched the Phils right up until 9:00, hit the record button, and flipped over to HBO for an hour and a half of drama and laughs. Flipped back to the DVR at 10:30 and with a little fast forward was all caught up to see Brett Myers get the save live.
The Phillies found a way to leave San Francisco with a series split and Cole Hamels stepped up and did his thing going seven strong and striking out nine for his fourth win of the year.
The most bizarre incident of the evening wasn't Christopher's use of the word 'ostrifide', but rather a freak accident during batting practice in which Monday's scheduled starter Freddy Garcia ran into a cart while trying to catch a fly ball. The Daily News did some diligent reporting and found out the vehicle is a "The Toro Workman 3100."
- Vernon Wells: funny guy. [FanHouse]
- Despite going yard last night in a win over San Francisco, Ryan Howard has been hampered by a sore leg according to the Phillies. Howard has been struggling mightily this season and we think he needs a vacation. We're currently trying to arange that for him. [Phillies]
- Everybody's least favorite Cowboys YouTuber Halen88 is back up to his old tricks. [YouTube]
- The 700 Level Stalker: I saw Andre Iguodala casually strolling through the King of Prussia Mall on Saturday afternoon. It was an odd feeling being the only person in the entire mall who recognized the NBA stud. Joe Manning was spotted at the Acade Fire show at the Tower theater on Saturday night.
- As for the Sopranos, it was another good episode in my opinion leaving you with lots of possible scenarios running through your head. Are they really setting A.J. up to take over the family? Like when Michael Corleone went to Italy and married Apollonia ("Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Saturday") but once Michael lost his wife, he came back and took over the family business? I don't know why, but I have a feeling they are setting up Christopher to get whacked.
- Were you one of the lucky ones to get a toilet from the Sands? [NYTimes]
- Instead of doing work on a Monday morning, spend some time with Mario. [Deadspin]
- If my typing is off today, it's because I'm trying out a new keyboard for breakfast. [BoingBoing]