Last night Brian Dawkins and Brian Westbrook found themselves on the front-pages of The New York Times and ESPN.com, respectively.
Eagles fans have to be awfully happy with the way things have gone in recent weeks after our hopes were seemingly shattered when Donovan McNabb went down. With the way Jeff Garcia has stepped up and the current state of the NFC, the Eagles have as good a shot as any team in the NFC to make some noise in the playoffs. Nobody expects anything of these Eagles and that's exactly the kind of team who can come out of nowhere and stun people. Maybe Andy will call games a little reckless and maybe the Birds will surprise some people, Eagles fans included. I'm just happy we can still enjoy watching the Birds on Sunday.
- The Inquirer has some great photos from yesterday's game including Westy in mid air. [Inquirer]
- Cole Hamels, breaking the hearts of ladies all across the Delaware Valley. [Phillies]
- We neglected to comment on Paul Arizin passing last week only because we are to young to remember him. Sounds like he was a cool guy. [NBA]
- Bill James likes stats and relates them to the Phillies. Mostly, stats give me a head ache. [Inquirer]
- The Flyers made a trade. [ESPN]
- Scoop Jackson on A.I. dissected and torn apart. [AwfulAnnouncing]
- Use Ooh Child in your trailer and maybe I'll see your movie. [YouTube]
- Terrell Owens.. spits. Could he be suspended for our Christmas spectacular? [Deadspin]
- I think Allen Iverson will end up in either Denver or Boston.