Sure, this years Super Bowl could be a good one, but the week long media event leading up to it may be more entertaining. Jamie Mottram, my editor over at the Fanhouse, will be doing his Sports Bloggers live show from Miami all week long.
There will be no tailgating allowed this year in Miami.
Perhaps the most exciting thing about this year's Super Bowl? Prince.
A boatload of extras for you today.
- Jaws says Eagles need complete overhaul at LB, including Trotter. [Fanhouse]
- Chris Webber had 13 boards and 17 points last night for the Pistons. He only had 13 boards twice this season as a Sixer. [Yahoo!]
- The Flyers won! The Flyers won! [ESPN]
- The Sixers have won 4 of 6!?? And it should be 5 of 6 because they collapsed against the Cavs over the weekend. [Inquirer]
- Cole Hamels: is he the number one starter in your mind? [Phillies]
Let's take a look at the blogs today:
- One of my fave Phillies sites wonders why Frankie Fitz writes about sports. [Swing&Miss]
- Beerleaguer has been all over the Phillies caravan. [Beerleaguer]
- Headline of the day: Babe Ruth, Sorority Girls, and Golf [BS&S]
- Maybe the Phillies should check out China. [CitizensBlog]
- Woods or Federer? [HugeTinyMistake]
- Terrell Owens is really having a problem selling that house in Jersey. [The Big Lead]
- Cheerleading bloopers are always entertaining. [RunUpTheScore]
- A look back at the Big Tuna [Fortress Of Pillows]
- A girl with breasts and adept use of the internets can get free Super Bowl tickets. [KSK, Deadspin]
- Conan O'Brien + 1800's baseball = Gold [Deadspin]
- Those crazy kids uploading all those videos to YouTube may just get rich. Google plans to share some of the profit from videos people upload onto YouTube to the video maker. [Gizmodo]
- When mascots go wild. [With Leather]
- Kate Blanchett is hot. Judi Dench is scary. A movie about a 15 year old getting it on with a hot teacher sounds good in theory. Wasn't that great. [YouTube]
- Matt Leinart is turning into a gossip star. [Perez]
Here's a video. It has Springsteen and Rocky. I don't really know why.