What to read on your flight to Florida for a routine angioplasty.
- If you're looking for a great 2007 Phillies preview, look no further. You may just need a couple hours to read the whole thing. [Citizen's Blog]
- "Hey Tom, we know you're fine and all, so why don't you get on a plane and fly up to Philadelphia just, you know, for a routine check up. Yeah... we always schedule checkups a couple hundred miles away in the middle of spring training." Right. [Beerleaguer]
- Javy Lopez got cut yesterday. [CBS]
- Macho Man suing Kobe over use of Elbow without proper copyright. [The Basketball Jones]
- Have you ever heard of Al Horford? [HoopsAddict]
- Philebrity is making a stop in Clearwater on the way to SXSW. I'm insanely jealous.
- Perhaps it's the over-exposure, but I'm just not that excited about filling out a bracket this year. Last year I was all hyped up and traveled to Minneapolis to watch my B.C. squad lose to 'Nova. The year before that I was out in Vegas. This year, nothing. Previously: Sweet 16 Road Trip Part I, Part II
- Review of The Roots with Lupe Fiasco [NYTimes]
- "Eagles cornerback Sheldon Brown, The Phillie Phanatic, 6ABC's Monica Malpass, 98.1 WOGL's Valerie Knight and 610 WIP's Brian Startare were among participants in the Big Brothers Big Sisters "Bowl for Kids Sake" event at Lucky Strike Lanes (1336 Chestnut) last week." Where was Don Polec? [Philly.com]
- What could the Eagles use to get Lance Briggs? Maybe they can do a sign and trade package deal and send Mahe, Tapeh, and a Baskett of fruit for Brigs and Urlacher.
- Good news for the other side of PA. Pens got a deal. [SI.com]
- Headline of the week. The guy's name is Jesus. Another Jesus after the jump.
I always liked how Jesus Shuttlesworth got his name.
Sixers point guard T.J. McConnell is doubtful for Wednesday's home game against the Raptors with a right wrist sprain.
McConnell was in a splint at practice Tuesday and said he would try to play but would leave it up to the medical staff.
McConnell is averaging 4.8 points and 5.4 assists in 38 games. The Sixers went 5-2 in the last seven games he started before his injury, and won 113-104 in Milwaukee without him. Sergio Rodriguez started at PG in McConnell's place and had 10 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists. Chasson Randle backed up the point and had 10 points and a pair of threes.
Big men update
Joel Embiid did not practice Tuesday and is listed as probable for Wednesday night when the Sixers (13-26) host the Raptors (27-13).
“Joel Embiid ... was a little bit, had the flu,” Brett Brown said.
Brown also added that he does not think Embiid's minutes limit will increase beyond 28 this season.
Jahlil Okafor (probable) did not participate in practice and received treatment. Brown said Okafor had soreness. Gerald Henderson is also probable and had an individualized workout Tuesday.
So far, 2017 has been a pretty big year for Wayne Simmonds.
In addition to being named to his first All-Star team this year, Simmonds clearly had big plans on how to spend his bye week away from hockey, before returning to play the New Jersey Devils on Saturday. He popped the question to his girlfriend, Crystal Corey, and she said yes.
Simmonds announced the engagement on his Instagram.
It could be good news for the Flyers, too. Simmonds is the second Flyer to get engaged this season after Claude Giroux popped the question in December after winning three in a row. The Flyers made the winning streak an even 10 after. Congratulations, Wayne!