Philadelphians had an unlikely love affair with Jeff Garcia this season. His status with the team going into the off-season remains uncertain. After Saturday night's loss to New Orleans Garcia remained upbeat about a return to the Eagles.
"Hopefully, I can come back here," the
quarterback said, adding he understands it's not something that will be
a simple process. "(But) I really hope that something can be worked
That's not to suggest he will not listen to offers from other teams looking for a clear-cut starter. Even so …
"It would have to be pretty special," he said, "in order for me to want to walk away."
After less than stellar stints in Cleveland and Detroit, it's no surprise Garcia is enjoying his fans in Philly.
Some extras after a rough weekend:
- A video of Jeff Garcia discussing the 4th down call, his experience in Philly, and his future. [Comcast]
- A photo of Garcia packing up his locker. [Yahoo!]
- The ladies from KSK had an interesting take on the Birds debacle: "At least the evening wasn't a total loss for Andy Reid. We heard after
the game, he got a shit-load of beads showing his ample rack to
debauched college students in front of Razzoo on Bourbon Street." [Kissing Suzy]
- The Sixers came through and lost to the Charlotte Bobcats
on Saturday. The Sixers now at 10 wins have one more win than the
league worst Memphis Grizzlies. Atlanta is close with 11 and both
Boston and Charlotte have 12. [Inquirer]
- Reason why CWebb should return to Washington: "Since Webs is now a hip-hop producer, having laid down the track for 'Blunt Ashes' off Nas' Hip Hop Is Dead, he can doubtless lay down some Last Poets-style backing for Etan's various slam opuses, as well as turning in some less lyrically dense cameos." I'm sold. [The Wizznutzz]
- A YouTube video of Sheldon Brown's tackle on Reggie Bush. With the loss, this may become the most memorable play from the playoffs. [Fanhouse]
- I like the way Antonio Alfonseca's name sounds. Apparently, he's going to be a Phillie. [Beerleaguer]
- Stephen A. Smith's show Quite Frankly got cut. He's probably pretty used to his show being turned off. [Deadspin]
Some random 80's goodness in a YouTube video after the jump.