That's exactly the attitude you want your franchise QB to have. He's not making any guarantees, he's not making excuses for the past, he's simply showing confidence in the team he has around him and telling them all that the time to win is now.
"Not that we're trying to say the window is closing, but we've been
through the Super Bowl, we've been through the NFC championships, we've
been in playoff play, it's time now to seal the deal."
I like it. And as for McNabb not practicing on Monday? Nothing to worry about. Donovan has put his blog to use and says "No Worries."
- With Brian Westbrook seeing limited action on Monday, reports from camp are saying Tony Hunt has been showing what he's made of. Apparently, it's all good. Not so much for Ryan Moats. Bob Brookover wonders if Hunt could push Big Red to run the ball more. [Inqy]
- Zolecki takes a look at Jimmy Rollins and the great numbers he puts up. It is certainly amazing that J-Roll has never won a gold glove. [Inqy]
- Sammy Dalembert wants to play for the Canadian team. [Daily News]
- Man, that Fortress of Pillows website, great guys over there. [FoP]
- The Sixers dance team at La Costa in Sea Isle to unveil their new calender. We will never forgive ourselves for missing that one. [Sixers]
- Former B.C. swingman Jared Dudley in cartoon form. [theBlowtorch]
- Time Magazine has a photo gallery featuring a number of the murals in Philadeplhia
that are all part of the Mural Arts Program. Can't say I recall ever
seeing that particular Dr. J. mural. Anyone know where it is? [Time]
- Apparently Cobbs Creek Golf Course was really nice a long time ago. [Blinq]
- This article in the NYTimes travel section on what to do in 36 hours while in Italy's Cinque Terre inspired me to put together a flickr set of my trip there in May. [NYTimes & flickr]
- My cousin's wedding in November is on the same day as the PSU/Temple football game at the Linc. I'm not real happy about that.