I ended up making it to the game last night in Milwaukee. Miller Park was a very nice place to watch a baseball game. It's unfortunate the outcome of the game didn't turn out better. Some observations:
- It's pretty crazy listening to Bob Uecker actually call a real baseball game, something I've never really heard before.
- In Milwaukee they add on some strange lyrics to the end of Take Me Out to the Ballgame which have to do with rolling barrels. I'm assuming this has something to do with Beer Barrel Man. Regardless, I wasn't a fan.
- The Phillies lost, but the Italian Sausage won.
- I was impressed with Brewer fans. I wasn't really impressed with Bernie Brewer though. I think he has a great look, but doesn't really do a whole lot.
- I thought they let Gavin Floyd pitch too long after he got himself into some trouble. He looked flustered on the mound and even Sal couldn't calm him down.
- The Phils need Cole Hamels to get them back on track, being swept is not what they need right now.