Some of you may have seen this over the weekend, but for those who haven't, enjoy.
If the Yankees make trades this month, they plan on using their veteran
relievers and/or lesser prospects (think Matt DeSalvo) to try and make
incremental upgrades at backup catcher, first base and their bench.
They believe that free-agents-to-be such as Mike Myers and Luis
Vizcaino could be replaced adequately by Triple-A options such as Sean
Henn and Chris Britton, and that eventually Jeff Karstens and/or
prospects Joba Chamberlain and Ross Ohlendorf could be moved from the
rotation to the pen. A trade of Myers or Vizcaino to the pen-hungry
Phillies for another free-agent-to-be, backup catcher Rod Barajas, fits
the current Yankees thinking.
Please, please, please, please, please!
>>Boras taking A-Rod into $tratosphere [NYPost]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)