Yes, that appears to be Eagles offensive lineman Danny Watkins cruising around in his brand new fire truck. We found the video over at BGN by Googling... "Danny Watkins fire truck" after reading about his big offseason purchase in today's column by Dave Spadaro over at the Birds' official website. Spuds writes:
Give Watkins this much credit. He has spent virtually the entire
offseason at the NovaCare Complex. Sure, he's taken time to purchase a
fire truck which he plans to drive to home games this season, but the
firefighter-turned-offensive guard wants to build upon the success that
he had as a rookie.
Working out incessantly and playing with oversized toys. Sounds like an NFL player to me.
>>Watkins Looks for Jump in Year Two
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)