Fight videos usually win out over fight audio, and last night's melee between the Phillies and Giants is no exception. But that doesn't make the Franzke & LA call any less awesome. Via @PhilliesDoll, here's a listen to their call of the whole event:
Brouhaha by PhilliesDoll
Got a couple IMs to answer there, girl!
Update: But wait, there's more! Here's that audio synced up to video, courtesy of SportsGrid:
Click here to see the video with the Giants call by comparison.
Unfortunately, not every Philly radio guy was as good as Franzke and LA. Tony Bruno apparently tweeted, "gutless bastard Giants. Bochy is a coward for having his illegal alien pitcher hit a guy."
Bruno quickly deleted the tweet and apologized, somewhat unapologetically, on his facebook:
I did remove my post and apologize for my comments regarding illegal aliens. I was angry and on the air and I stand behind my comments that Bruce Bochy is a coward, as are all managers who order pitchers to throw at guys just because their pitchers can't get a guy out. All of you people resorting to name calling are more classless and vile.
Of course, you can't untweet that which stirs the ire of the masses, especially if the ensuing apology re-directs blame at critics.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships