It was a heck of a day for Young James.
After the Phillies were being absolutely stifled by Josh Johnson (and the sun, let's be honest), Jimmy Rollins finally broke up his no-hit bid in the sixth inning, would go on to score the tying run later in the inning, and gave the Phillies their seventh straight win with a home run on a rope in the seventh
Just when you think Cliff Lee is going to get another no-decision, Jimmy goes and does something like that. You sonofabitch, Jimmy!
[watch video of J-Roll's homer here]
Props to Cliff Lee, Phillippe Aumont, and Jonathan Papelbon for pitching a real solid game.
To add another cherry to the Phillies fantastic perfect 7-game homestand, the San Diego Padres defeated the St. Louis Cardinals 3-2 on Wednesday night.
That means the Phillies are currently 3 games out of the final wild card spot with 19 games left to play.
This is real.
Charlie Manuel was asked after the game if he thought they were now in the race for the final spot.
"Yeah, we in it. I say we dead in it. We're in it pretty good."
Follow The700Level on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)