Today is Maddenoliday!
ESPN's Page 2 summarizes some of the more unique player attributes:
35 -- The strength rating for Eagles receiver Todd Pinkston. How
weak is Stinkston? Thirty-nine kickers and punters are given higher
ratings. Thirty-nine. Yikes. If that's not a punch in the frail,
tender, feeble stomach, then I don't know what is. In fact, I'm kind of
excited to fire up Madden '07 to see if the game's programmers switched
Pinkston's mug shot with that of a cat. Might as well hammer home the
35 -- Not that Pinkston is the only non-kicker to get a 35
strength rating. Eagles receiver and kick returner Jeremy Bloom got
one, too. So remember, Eagles fans: just tap that pass button in Madden
'07. You don't want Donovan McNabb to accidentally kill his waifish
receiving corps with high-velocity throws.
25 -- The player morale rating for Terrell Owens, far and away
the lowest in the game. So apparently to get lower than 25 in this
category a player has to be coming off of a season in which he actually
murdered a teammate. (Maybe that's something the Bengals can try to
achieve for Madden 2008.)
When your receiving corp gets ridiculed in a video game you know you have problems.
-Madden '07 rank and file [Page2]
-Welcome to Maddenland! [Page2]
-Maddenoliday Commercial [YouTube]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- President Donald Trump's new communications director is getting sacked on social media for quoting Joe Paterno while making a point about honor and dignity.
Anthony Scaramucci mentioned the late Penn State football coach's oft-cited line "act like you've been there before" during a CNN interview Thursday about his push to stop leaks to the press.
Penn State fired Paterno in 2011 over his handling of child sex abuse allegations against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. A university-commissioned investigation concluded Paterno and others hushed up the allegations for fear of bad publicity.
Paterno, one of college football's winningest coaches, died of lung cancer in January 2012 at 85. He was never charged with a crime.
When Paterno died, Scaramucci tweeted he'd met the coach twice and considered him an "honorable man."