We all knew it was coming and for the most part it is just a formality, but Terrell Owens will be officially released from being a Philadelphia Eagle today before 4 pm.
I suggest taking a walk down memory lane today and reflecting on the fact that your best receiver is now going into his second season in the NFL. But don't fret, the Eagles are bringing in back up tight end Matt Schobel! Unfortunately, their number one receiving free agent prospect, Brian Finneran, said thanks but no thanks. Lurie? Are you serious? There have been rumors of a Javon Walker trade with Green Bay, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim. Eric Moulds is still begging to be let go or traded up in Canada. It could be a long season for Birds fans.
-Terrell Owens: it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. [The700Level]
-Owens release date arrives without much interest [ESPN]
-UPDATE: One line press release is all it took to make it official: "The Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have terminated the contract of WR Terrell Owens"
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Have you ever been invited to a friend’s birthday party but you weren’t able to go? Once they heard you couldn’t go, they would then say, “you weren’t invited anyway?”
President Donald Trump withdrew his invitation to the Golden State Warriors and guard Steph Curry to visit the White House after winning the 2017 NBA Championship. Trump said Curry was “hesitating.”
Curry told reporters Friday that he would vote against the Warriors visiting the White House and President Trump.
Curry received support from fellow NBA players including 4-time MVP Lebron James, who denounced Trump’s taken-back invitation in his most re-tweeted post ever.
Golden State's statement:
5-time NBA Champion Kobe Bryant:
Golden State power forward and teammate Draymond Green:
Sixers forward James Michael McAdoo, who signed a two-way contract with the team in August:
Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal:
Two-time All-Star Baron Davis:
After Trump's comments about the NFL and NBA in the last 24 hours and North Carolina's Men's Basketball team not visiting the White House (because of a scheduling conflict), it is hard to believe any championship-winning teams will be making the trip to the Nation’s capital anytime soon. Except the Patriots.