You know how it usually goes: your friend Sid is running late from his bank teller job and forgets to buy ice for the 30 pack you are going to chug before you go into the Phillies game in the 5th inning. Your other buddy Birdshit only has 3 dollars and the free tickets his friend's Dad gave him, and he is lost somewhere in Lancaster, but tells you he is just getting on 95, so him picking up a bag of ice is out of the question. Somewhere around your 6th beer you start to get perturbed that you are drinking a piss warm Coors Light. Your other buddy Scott is pissed off you didn't buy Bud Diesels in the first place and everyone is in a pretty shitty mood because the Phils just dropped another series to the Nationals, your friend Frank's woman won't even let him go to a game anymore, and Wheels won't stop telling us how Ryan Howard needs to look for something more middle-in.
But alas! All of the worlds problems can be solved with a beer can that can cool itself! Scott may still be a little pissy that he has to drink Miller Lite, but we all know all light beers taste the same anyway.
-Miller to Sell Self-Cooling Cans [Gizmodo]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)