The Eagles-Giants rivalry is going as strong as ever, but the Shady-Osi feud appears to be running its course.
Osi Umenyiora stood by his pledge to take the high road after McCoy's "ballerina" comment, and per an exchange between the two in the aftermath of Sunday night's contest, the All-Pro back has declared a cease fire in the war of words.
McCoy discussed the encounter with the Giants pass rusher in a conversation on 610 WIP on Monday:
“We crossed paths a couple times, we gave each other the eye,” McCoy said on the SportsRadio WIP Player’s Lounge show on Monday. “In the warmups, we looked at each other funny. I think after the game, it’s time to get over this Osi and LeSean thing because after the game [Umenyiora] said ‘you’re a heck of a player, we’re in this business, let’s get over this.’ He said, ‘let’s be done with it.’ Being a bigger man, also for myself, you’ve got to focus on the Giants, they’re a good team already. My goal is not an inter-division battle with Osi. It’s with the Giants, and trying to get to the Super Bowl.”
The bitter sentiments stem back to a Twitter exchange last year, and only this year began to play out through the media. It's probably better the two of them put a lid on it now before it becomes a lot more hostile.
Besides, none of their back and forth was all that entertaining, so I don't feel like we'll be missing out on too much.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships