We're still smarting from the Union's first round playoff loss at the hands of the Houston Dynamo, but a week later, it's already starting to settle in that 2011 was still a productive step toward true contention in the MLS. The Union have begun looking ahead too, both in regard to the players who will be on the field and the unis they'll be wearing.
Tonight, Union fans got an email saying that the team will soon be unveiling new primary and secondary kits for the 2012 season.
We don't have any idea what they might look like, but they're offering up an incentive to get the unveiling to happen sooner rather than later. As of this posting, the Union have 85,291 'Likes' on Facebook. When they hit 92,012 (emphasis on the 2012), they'll unveil the new gear.
So there ya have it. If by some stretch you're a Union fan on the Social Network and not already BFF on FB, they're looking for your like.
Anything you're hoping for in the new kits? I'm pretty partial to the current blues, never liked the soon-abandoned golds, and thought the whites were OK for special occasions. Will be interesting to see what comes next.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Sports Ilustrated gets it. The characters in Philadelphia sports are some of the best in the world right now.
On SI's list of "77 Reasons Why We Love Sports," the alien otherwise known as Rhys Hoskins and Joel Embiid's Twitter both make appearances. While the NFL Red Zone Channel inexplicably comes in at No. 1, Embiid's Twitter comes in at a worthy No. 2. His recent tweet about the Los Angeles Chargers' beleaguered rookie kicker is a great example of why Embiid is a must-follow.
Hoskins, the Phillies' record-breaking slugger, comes in at No. 65. His latest mind-bending accomplishment is becoming the fastest player ever to 45 RBIs. With Hoskins' ridiculous natural power and impressive plate discipline, this stretch doesn't look like a fluke. He could be one of the top reasons Philadelphians love sports for the next 15 years.