Shane Victorino's marketability was demonstrated once again today as the Philadelphia Phillies center fielder won the MLB All-Star Game Final Vote competition. Vic becomes the first player to ever win the competition on multiple occasions.
As Mayor Nutter surely knows, every vote counts! Congrats to Shane on the recognition, but will he actually play in the game? That remains to be seen. If he doesn't play this weekend against the Braves in Philly, expect him to hit the DL and be replaced on the roster in Arizona.
Shane will join teammates Placido Polanco, Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels, and Roy Halladay on the NL squad, tying a Phillies record of five players on an All-Star team, done five previous times as well.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships