With a little help from some great air-touch passes by his teammates, Danny Mwanga shows why he was the top overall pick in the MLS draft this year.
The goal was Mwanga's fifth of the season. Pretty impressive given that he was eased into being a starter and getting a full complement of minutes. Brilliant passing led to Mwanga's open streak on goal, with Roger Torres and Sebastien Le Toux each advancing a perfect ball forward. (btw, VOTE LE TOUX)
The Union tied Chivas USA, 1-1, to earn a rare road point. Chivas is a team it would've been nice to beat, but overall, Peter Nowak's team is really showing signs of coming together. Should be an exciting run this summer, especially considering how well they've played in PA and the home-heavy schedule that is now underway.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
For a second straight season, a Philly-area team is making a late-autumn trip to Charleston, South Carolina.
Temple announced Wednesday afternoon head coach Fran Dunphy and his team will partake in the 10th annual Gildan Charleston Classic, taking place on Nov. 16, 17 and 19. The Owls will open against Old Dominion at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 16, before a matchup with either Auburn or Indiana State the following day. They will then wrap up their run at the event with a Sunday contest against one of Clemson, Dayton, Hofstra or Ohio.
Last year, Villanova took home the crown at the same event in Charleston's TD Arena — home of the College of Charleston — after the Wildcats took out Central Florida, 67-57. 2017 will be Temple's third appearance at the Charleston Classic, following a second-place effort back in 2008 and a fifth-place finish in 2013.
The Owls have yet to announce their full nonconference schedule, but AAC matchups were released earlier this summer. Temple is returning a trio of double-digit scorers from last season in Quinton Rose, Obi Enechionyia and Shizz Alston, Jr., along with redshirt senior Josh Brown. They'll also add four freshmen into the mix this season as Dunphy looks to take the Owls back to the NCAA Tournament after missing it last year.