Eagles second-year offensive guard Danny Watkins is almost as well known for his prior life as a fireman as he is for being pretty good at football. After all, he bought himself a big ass fire truck this offseason. I guess with being a fireman comes the need to be a resourceful individual. Like if you don't have any real food around you can just turn to indigenous insects.
Here's a video tweeted about by fellow lineman Evan Mathis that shows Watkins eating what looks like a cricket for the prize of $120.
The key takeaway here: Sunday can't get here fast enough so these guys have something to actually do!
UPDATE: If the video embed doesn't work, try this.
Follow The700Level on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The Phillies have officially dipped into the trade waters.
The team traded reliever Pat Neshek and cash to the Colorado Rockies for shortstop Jose Gomez and right-handed pitchers Alejandro Requena and J.D. Hammer.
Neshek was the Phils’ lone All-Star this season as he pitched 40 1/3 innings and posted a 1.12 ERA. At one point, he had an 18-inning scoreless streak over 19 appearances.
More coming ...