A perrenial favorite to win the FCS national championship or a chance to play in the Big East and get those coveted games against some of the nation's best football programs? That appears to be the dilemma facing Villanova's football program which has been asked to join the Big East.
As a Philly sports fan with zero ties to any of the local schools, it would be great to have a football team in one of the big time conferences, even if the Big East isn't what it once was in the football space.
Our buddy Dan Levy thinks the move is a no brainer for Villanova but believes the Big East is picking the wrong Philadelphia team.
Any Nova alums or just regular old Philly sports fans feel strongly about the potential move?
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships