Not up for the trip to New York tonight to watch names being read aloud at the NFL Draft? Don't own a TV with working speakers? Why not consider a trip out to Delco's best city, Havertown, to watch the NFL Draft at a bar with Eagles' receiver Riley Cooper?
From the bar Nineteen 19's Facebook page:
Come out to Nineteen 19 in Havertown for the NFL Draft in Philadelphia on Thursday May 8th 2014!!!
Hosting the event will be Philadelphia Eagles Wide Receiver!!! Riley will be signing autographs from 7:00-8:00 for $40 per autograph and that includes a buffet and open domestic draft beer!!!
All ages are welcome to attend this event and tickets will be available at the door and on www.mjrsportscollectibles.com. We will also have items available for purchase for Riley to sign at the event.
The "in Havertown" and "in Philadelphia" in the same sentence doesn't make a lot of sense but I did tell people when I was attending college in Boston that I was from "Philadelphia." So I get it.
Anyway, if anyone is out there partying with Cooper tonight, be sure to have some fun with their TouchTunes. Maybe play some of your favorite country songs.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Karekin Brooks rushed for 268 yards with three touchdowns on 29 carries and Pennsylvania outlasted Lehigh 65-47 on Saturday in the 60th meeting between the defending champions of the Patriot and Ivy leagues.
Brooks became the 12th Quaker to rush for 200-plus yards in a game and moved into second on Penn's single-game rushing record, behind Terrance Stokes' 272 yards against Princeton in 1993. Brooks also threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to David Ryslik early in the fourth quarter, which made it 56-35.
Penn (2-0) scored consecutive touchdowns 1-minute, 9 seconds apart late in the second quarter to establish a two-touchdown lead it maintained during a second half that saw the teams trade scores on virtually every possession.
Will Fischer-Colbrie finished 13 of 20 for 235 yards and three touchdowns, connecting with Christian Pearson on a 43-yard scoring strike, Logan Sharp from 26 yards and Nicholas Bokun late in the fourth from 21 yards out.
Lehigh (0-4) was led by Brad Mayes, who went 26 of 40 for 444 yards with four touchdowns, but also suffered two interceptions.