Tuesday night was one of those rare occurrences lately when both the Flyers and Sixers had the night off. There were no live sports to watch in the Philly sports scene but there was that dog show which so many people seem to get caught up in every year.
It's one of those things we can absolutely say we have no idea why people are into it. None. I mean, look at that thing that won.
From the AP:
NEW YORK - Malachy the Pekingese, whose
smushed-in face frames a mop of flyaway fur and whose pace rivals a
snail's, is the fairest dog in the land.
The Peke put on a peak performance Tuesday night, wobbling off with best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club.
That thing looks like the kind of dog you'd watch for your ex-wife when she and her boyfriend go to Hawaii. You certainly don't take it bowling or buy it a fucking beer.
My favorite fact from the AP story: this was that dog's 115th best in show victory. Basically, he never gets to scrounge through the trash or chase squirrels because all he does is compete in dog shows. Poor guy.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Sometimes the internet is a wonderful place.
Since basically, no one wants to listen to Joe Buck call a thrilling Eagles 61-yard game-winning field goal, we scoured the web to find four other amazing versions of Sunday’s sensational ending to the Eagles' 27-24 victory over the New York Giants.
1. Merrill Reese and Mike Quick on 94.1 WIP
The legendary voice of the Eagles since 1977, Reese, along with former Eagle Mike Quick, delivers a call that will shoot shivers up your spine.
2. Spanish Broadcaster Ricky Ricardo
A longtime voice of the Phillies and now the Spanish voice of the New York Yankees, Ricardo delivers with this enthusiastic call.
A phenomenon that has taken over the web, adding inspirational music from Titanic makes everything just a little bit better.
4. *Record Scratch* *Freeze Frame*
A staple movie cliché from the '80s and '90s, the record scratch, freeze frame plays itself perfectly in this moment.